Thursday, December 02, 2004

media players that work with Macs...

I am looking for a decent media player, that let's me view videos on my Sony TV, that are stored on some harddrives connected via Firewire to a MacOSX box. I tested the first version of ElGatos EyeTVhome a few months ago. It worked ok, but the retail price before the last price reduction was just too high, you couldn't access live TV from a connected EyeTV PVR and it doesn't run on a G3 Mac. I heard about a MacLink software for the KISS network DVD players, but didn't receive a KISS test unit yet. Right now I think I will stick to a Sony Playstation with network adapter and a software called Medio to turn a networked Playstation into a media player for any PC, that can run Java. MacOSX and Linux finally officially supported! I already got the Medio software, now I just need the new network Playstation and I should be set. Any other recommendations on media players for Macs?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home