Tuesday, November 30, 2004

another camcorder without tape...

I saw the Pentax OptioMX4 in real life for the first time, and it is much smaller and lighter than I thought it was, seeing just pictures of it before. Like the Sanyo C4 it has VGA quality movie recording in MPEG4 (hopefully real MPEG4, not just some .ASF stuff, that won't play back in Quicktime!), still image capture with 4 Megapixels and a reflective screen, that is visible in direct sunlight. And finally a 10 times zoom, even though it makes the Pentax bigger than the Sanyo C4, that just has the perfect form factor for me. Unfortunately the Pentax is not available in any stylish colors like the Sanyo C4. I will try to test the new Pentax and Sanyo ASAP. Hopefully they finally support charging the battery via USB, so I can leave one more charger at home...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home