Tuesday, November 23, 2004

IRda missing on Nokia's 6630!

Just when I thought, that the new Nokia 6630 might be the perfect phone for me, I stumbled across some rotten eggs, so to speak... The ReducedSize MMC did't bother me that much, as you can use a normal sized MMC, when you don't mind, that it sticks out of the side of the 6630 like a small antenna, that breaks off easily. But at least you can exchange data with other MMC capable devices that way. What really angers me a lot is the missing IRda. Nearly every portable device in the world, from old Palms to some of the cheapest mobile phones, they all can exchange data via IRda. The only devices, I can think of without IRda are the original Palms, when they were still called Pilots and the Sony Z5 GSM phone, which need bulky and expensive cables to communicate. It is just so convenient to exchange vCards with somebody you just met. As my mobile phone is the only thing besides creditcard and key, that I take with me whereever I go, I think I will have to stick with SonyEricsson, as long, as they don't eliminate features, that some marketing things deam "unnecessary"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home