Friday, February 10, 2006

Mac Emulator on PocketPC VGA?

Mac Emulator on PocketPC I wonder, if anyone has tried out the Mini vMac for PocketPC 2003 devices on a PocketPC with VGA resolution? You could run thousands of great MacOS applications on your PocketPC in a truly portable way. And on CPUs with hundreds of MHz, those old Mac apps should run really fast. Imagine a full blown Hypercard environment running on your PocketPC. Or Macintosh Common LISP...

I wonder, if there will be a SheepShaver for PocketPC?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this set-up on my Dell Axim x51v, works great!

3:17 AM  
Blogger TeddyTheBear said...

anonymous said...
>I have this set-up on my Dell Axim x51v, works great!

So you really have MacOS running at 640*480 VGA resolution on your Dell Axim x51v? Please elaborate!

On my MDApro/HTCuniversal I currently only get 320*240 QVGA resolution for the vMac Mini emulator. Which version are you using?

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mini vMac 2.8.2 thinks my Axim x51v is a 320x240; that is, I can't see the full 512x384, because the pixels are all doubled.

However, I figured out a solution. You need to download the Developer Resources for Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition, available here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6A34DC83-C3CE-4A4C-AB83-491FD5729551&displaylang=en

After you install the above, there's a "tools" folder. Copy the vMac executable in there, and rename it to something without a space, like minivmacse.exe. Open a command (DOS) shell and navigate into that folder. Then type "res2exe -c -r hidpi.res minivmacse.exe" (or whatever you called the file).

That's it -- now you can run the minivmacse.exe file (or rename it back to whatever you want, of course) on your Axim, or other VGA device, and will display the entire Mac Plus/SE 512x384 screen.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home