Friday, September 07, 2007

Palm says thanks to Engadget, I say Palm is dead

Palm says thanks to Engadget, I say Palm is dead
The official Palm blog says: Thanks, Engadget. Dear Peter, Ryan and Joshua:, Thank you for the very thoughtful post about Palm. I really appreciate the fact that you guys and others care enough to take the time to write such a comprehensive list of actions. I forwarded it to our entire executive staff and many others at Palm have read it. Although I can’t say I agree with every point, many are right on. We are attacking almost every challenge you noted, so stay tuned. Let’s remember that it is very early in the evolution of the smartphone and there is enormous opportunity for us to innovate. We have only just begun to fight!, Thank you for taking the time to write. I really do take your comments to heart and I know the team at Palm is totally committed to delivering the best mobile computing solutions in the world., -Ed Colligan

Did I really read it there: "We have only just begun to fight!". I wonder, what Palm did in the last few years, since the Treo650 came out. A few years ago, I wanted to write an open letter to Palm, similar to the one from Engadget, but after evaluating, what Palm managed not to do for years I just gave up and decided for myself: Palm is dead!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home