Monday, December 20, 2004

MacOSX on PocketPC

After charging the batteries of the Fujitsu Siemens PocketLoox 720 for the first time overnight, I installed aVNC viewer for PocketPCs with VGA resolution via Bluetooth. Then I set the resolution on my Mac from 1280*854 to 640*480 and connected from the PocketLoox via WLAN. Voila, MacOSX on PocketPC! Great. Afterwards I switched my Mac back to 1280*854, and before I reconnected from the VNC client on the PocketPC I forgot to change the Mac to VGA resolution. Oh wonder! Even though, OSXvnc1.4 doesn´t officially support server side resolution scaling, the Pocket Loox shows the FULL 1280*854 MacOSX screen scaled to its VGA screen. Possibly client side scaling? Everything quite small, but still usable! Big wow factor! Now to VoIP: next I will install Skype and a SIP client on MacOSX and PocketPC and try to make a link from VoIP to and from the legacy phone world (mobile phones and landlines). Keep on reading!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger TeddyTheBear said...

Stryler said...
>However, i hope you can help us more by showing the steps one by one in details so we can do the same thing like what you did.

Install OSXvnc (server) on MacOSX
Install Parys Technology VGA VNC client on PocketPC
connect from client to server via IP, that´s it!

>i'm a Mac Evangelist, working in Singapore. If you allow me, i would love to conduct a seminar regarding this area.
What exactly do you want to do? You can contact me directly at TeddyTheBear at magnet.at

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home