Thursday, August 04, 2005

Classic runs much better in MacOSX 10.4

Hypercard By reading my daily macosxhints.com I found this great article 10.4: Use OS X print drivers in Classic. Basically it says, that since MacOSX 10.4 you can use all your MacOSX printer drivers from the Classic environment. No more fiddling around to find (and install!) some old MacOS drivers!

BTW: Since MacOSX 10.4 Classic apps, especially Hypercard, don´t stop running in the background and are now MUCH faster. Exporting of my addresses from Hypercard to a text file for moving it to Palm Desktop and Apple AddressBook can now happen in the background, while I do other things on my Mac. Syncing of the more than 9000 PalmDesktop addresses to my Treo650 now uses only a few minutes, compared to nearly half an hour before.

Now if I only could find a version of Reports for Hypercard, that still runs on MacOSX 10.4 or a Hypercard clone with Reports for Hypercard functionality...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use Reports 2.1 with Hypercard and 10.4.x and it seems to work fine. If you want it just figure out a way for me to send it to you...

12:57 AM  
Blogger TeddyTheBear said...

Yesterday I even found a Reports3 installer CD at a friend of mine and tried to install it. Still no luck with MacOSX 10.4. Apperently the Reports3 installer is just a 2.99 installer in disguise :-(
I had original 2.1 images for Reports, but unfortunately I deleted them, when I received my 2.99 Reports years ago.
So if you could send me (my name at magnet.at) a 2.1 version, I would be very grateful. From the legal point of view: I paid for half a dozen licenses in the last few years, so I think I am legally allowed to use Reports 2.1 instead of 2.99...

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home