Wednesday, June 15, 2005

IPdrum: Skype via mobile phone

IPdrum: Skype via mobile phone IPdrum yesterday introduced the IPdrum Mobile Skype Cable, that should be available in August 2005. It connects Skype to a mobile phone via the mobile phone network. So what does this mean? You connect your Skype enabled PC with the "IPdrum Mobile Skype Cable" to a cheap mobile phone. So when you want to call somebody via Skype, you just call this mobile phone, that is connected to your Skype-PC from your own "real" mobile phone and the only cost for you is the mobile to mobile call. Forwarding of incoming Skype calls to PSTN or a mobile phone is possible, too. I guess, this might be one of the most disruptive technologies I have seen in my lifetime!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have tried this product. After some minor install problems, I use skype on my mobile several times a week.
Ipdrum has extended my use of Skype!

10:46 AM  
Blogger TeddyTheBear said...

I am still waiting for mine to arrive. Hopefully IPdrum will have a version for MacOS X, soon.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home