Tuesday, March 15, 2005

GSPDA Xplore M98 corrected details

GSPDA Xplore M98 corrected details

The PalmSource website has some details about the upcoming GSPDA Xplore M98 PalmOS based mobile phone. Unfortunately, the stated specs are not correct, at least according to GSPDAs own literature on the Xplore M98. It states, that the external LCD will be 1.17", whereas it is 1,3", Li-Polymer battery is not 860mAh, but 850mAh, it has no external TransFlash Memory, but a normal SD/MMC slot, the size/weight is not 96.5 x 47 x 24 mm and 4.2 oz or 119 grams, but 95.6 x 46.8 x 23.9 mm and 3.6 oz or 102 grams. And besides the stated Tri Band 850/1800/1900 MHz there will also be a European/Asian version with 900/1800/1900 MHz. BTW: the M98 seems to have all the goodies I have been expecting of a great phone, but unfortunately, there will be no built in Bluetooth.

10 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Thanks for the info. Any idea if the SD/MMC slot supports SDIO, i.e. will we be able to use a SD Wifi card with the M98?

2:33 PM  
Blogger TeddyTheBear said...

It´s weird. All the announcements I read from CTIA in New Orleans say, that the M98 has a TransFlash slot. I have a printed brochure, that I got at the 3GSM in Cannes a few weeks ago, that says the M98 has "SD/MMC card expansion".

1:16 AM  
Blogger TeddyTheBear said...

I think I was right. Just read at Engadget, that the M98 has an SD expansion slot.

2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Xplore M98 brocure (in Malaysia) and it state that it used TransFlash. The display is (260K Color, TFT LCD for both internal and external). Thinking of getting one. Played with the phone a bit but need to check the original user book to check the spec. The screen is quite small though.

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this phone is now available in thailand. not sure if available to the general market but i can and will get it at the tech expo this weekend. saw it yesterday and every other phone availble in this market. nothing comes close in small size with a palm operating system. price is 15k baht or approx $360 usd
i am really happy not having to chose a phone that is soooo big that i wont take it with me and still have a smart phone.

5:33 PM  
Blogger TeddyTheBear said...

Could you be so kind and post the specs here, especially if it has a TransFlash or a SD/MMC slot.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of getting one. Screen is very small.
Would you know if Xplore has been able to solve the software problems it had with the M28 with this new M98?

6:15 PM  
Blogger TeddyTheBear said...

I didn´t have a chance to try one since the 3GSM expo in Cannes.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've bought Explore M98 a few months ago. I thought that it's the best ... what else can I say? It has the specs and size that I require. Unfortunately, it always hang and jam (after 1 mth of usage) and now the end side of the flip is cracked (not due to fall!) ... I've to send it for repair :( ... My nephew also told me that he has two friends who are using it and having similar problems ... I wont advice others to buy it!

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the big downside to this phone is the lack of bluetooth, and EDGE. It's lightweight, and it operates fast. only good if you have hotsync, taking the card out, is a hassle.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home